Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Independence Day America!

Welcome back, my beautiful freaks, to the Assassin's Den! 

As my American audience knows, today is Independence Day, or more commonly known as "The Fourth of July".  What my foreign audience may not know is the history of the day and why we celebrate.  So, here's a quick history lesson.

Way back in the late 18th century, what is now known as the United States eastern seaboard were 13 British colonies, and they weren't pleased with the laws the English government was passing and how they affected the colonists.  The thing is, though, that these colonists were descendants of the the original Englishmen and Englishwomen who sailed across the Atlantic many years ago.  Heck, some of the colonies dated back to 1607, a full 170 years before! They weren't English people anymore; they were Rhode Islanders, Virginians, Georgians, Marylanders, etc.  So eventually, they got fed up with English rule, and decided that they'd rather rule themselves.  So, on July 4, 1776, they signed the Declaration of Independence, and began the American Revolution.

Fast forward to today, and we're the most powerful nation, both economically and militarily.  We are literally the last superpower in our world.  And yet, I'm afraid for my country's future.  I'm actually at a point when I'm not proud to say that I'm an American.  And all because of Donald Trump.  One look at his twitter shows why I'm ashamed of my countymen; he's a psychopath, and he's making the rest of the world afraid of us for all the wrong reasons.  Between his actions against a free internet and backing out of the Paris Agreement about the environment, I'm afraid he's going to cause another 9/11.  And unless he gets caught doing something criminal, we're stuck with him until 2020!

But all is not lost; as a nation, we have the right to make our voices heard.  We can non-violently protest in the street, we can peacefully push for changes in his administration, and we can utilize peaceful social pressures to show the American people that he should not be our representative to the rest of the world via peaceful means.  And that's the important part of it; peaceful.  To show both Trump, and the rest of the world, that we don't agree with what he's doing, and we're doing it the right way.

And when 2020 rolls around, we vote him out of office. And for the first time in over a decade, I'm registering to vote so we don't keep him in office.  Before Trump, I had faith in the American people to not put someone like this in office that they didn't need me to vote against him to be alright.  Not anymore.

But for now, my fellow Americans, enjoy your day with your family and friends, have fun, and to everyone, stay beautiful freaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment