Monday, June 3, 2013

No TV or internet for a day

I got up this morning, logged in to my computer, tried to get on the internet; nothing. So, since I couldn't check my email, I tried my TV, and it didn't power on.  So, I put my pants on, and talked to my neighbors, and found out that lightning hit my building last night, and fried a LOT of people's stuff.

So I went ahead and bought a new TV from a pawn shop for 78 dollars, and came home, hooked up my TV to my game consoles and cable box, and try to watch TV; nothing.  I try the game consoles, they work fine. I try the internet on my computer, still nothing.  So I call my cable company, and they tell me that the internet and cable are out in my area.  So I sit all day, playing Dragon Age: Origins and watching movies on my laptop.  After pounding pavement looking for a job, of course. 

Now, here I am, with internet access, but I'm still having an issue between the cable box and my new TV.  It doesn't read the signal.  So I try to call my cable company, and they tell me that they they are still having troubles.  So, what I'm wondering is whether or not this new TV has issues with the HDMI cable, since I tried it in both HDMI slots.

So, yeah, interesting Monday. I'm going to call for a tech tomorrow, and have them take a look at it.

At least I get my glasses this week.  Finally be able to see clearly at a distance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment