Friday, June 15, 2012

First repost of an old entry.

Here's one of my old entries from my Livejournal about my plans for my KOTOR Version 2 story. This was originally December 23, 2008 there, and I think it's important to remind both myself and my readers of my plans for my magnum opus.  And since it was written two days before Christmas, I ended it with "Merry Christmas".  I'm posting it in a different font, background and color so you know that it's an old entry, and I will do that for was time sensitive. Here it is.

This is as much for me as it is for the fans of the fanfiction stories I've written.

KOTOR Version 2 is a four part story; Sith Triumvirate, KOTOR Version 2, Exile's tale, and Endgame. 

Sith Triumvirate is about 3 of Revan's Jedi Generals that Revan turns into his top agents.  So far, I've done chapters about their origins, the subjugation of Korriban, the infiltration of the Jedi Temple to gather information about the active Knights and masters(which will lead Revan to the decision to have Bastila replace Malak as his apprentice.), the agents meeting Revan's "shadow master"; the one who taught Revan the way of the Sith, and how Malak lost his lower jaw.  The only other things I have planned are the "Sith assassin" training(Think Atton's methods for killing Jedi.), and the building and activation of HK-47.  Unlike the other stories in my plans, I am open to suggestions for ideas, because that's all I've got.  The only guideline is that the ideas have to involve the Sith triumvirate.  Revan can be in the story, but with a minor role only.  It all takes place during the Jedi Civil War.  I will, however, give the main characters make a cameo in KOTOR Version 2.

KOTOR Version 2 is essentially the game, with a twist.  First, it's being told to Tionne Solusar(Though she's not technically Solusar yet, as she has yet to marry Kam Solusar in 22 ABY, when she finds the holocron), and Revan is amnesic, not mind-wiped.  Revan remembers everything up to leaving Taris during the Mandalorian Wars.  The last thing he remembers before waking up on Dantooine was leaving the planet after having a meeting on who would go on to be his Jedi Generals.  He regains his memories during the course of the story, whenever he finds a Star Map.  And when he is reunited with Malak, he regains the rest of his memories.  This royally fucks with the revelation scene, but I worked that out when I thought up this idea.  The only reason the crew goes to the last planet is because Revan doesn't remember the exact location of the Star Forge. That's not part of the amnesia; Revan simply forgot the hyperspace coordinates, in the same way you or I would forget where we placed our car keys.

Anyway, KOTOR Version 2 continues with the plot of the game, plus a couple chapters on the aftermath.  One takes them to Zeltros for relaxation at a hotspring, the next are Revan planning for what needs to happen next, and getting his friends ready.

Exile's tale is just that; the story of my Exile, Vhae Pano.  Vhae's a male Exile, but I'm bringing along both Brianna and Mical, and I'm having Atris as the main antagonist.  It require a little fudging with things, but that's what makes a fanfic fun.  This is still in the planning stage, since I'm writing Sith truimvirate and KOTOR Version 2, so this will be a while.

And finally, Endgame ties them all together.  It starts with Tionne bringing Revan's holocron to Luke Skywalker, and Luke starts watching it after Tionne tells Luke of the story so far.  The holocron begins again with one year has passed since KOTOR 2, and Vhae has found Revan and Bastila(yes, and Bastila.  You'll see why when I get to that point in KOTOR Version 2), and Revan begins the final stage of his plan; take down the Sith who taught him.  To do that, Revan needs the strength of his companions, and their forces.  Revan gathers his Jedi companions, which include Dustil Onasi, Jolee, Juhani and Yuthura ban, as well as Vhae's "Lost Jedi".  He also gets Carth and the Republic Navy, Canderous(Mandalore) and his Mandalorians, a Wookiee task force, HK-47 and a couple HK-51s(if I can figure out a fessible explanation how), and Mission and a small band of smugglers.  The Sith truimvirate will also appear, on Revan's side.  I've also got an idea about a Force sensitive version of Rogue Squadron, led by a twi'lek who failed his Jedi training and joined the Republic Navy instead of going to teh Jedi Service Corps.  All this buildup leads to a final battle over Drommund Kaas, where Revan battles his former Sith master for the fate of the galaxy.

So that's it; the entire plot of my KOTOR Version 2 saga.  You'll need to read all four to understand somethings that happen in all four.  Reading Sith Triumvirate will help you understand why Revan does some of the things he does in KOTOR Version 2.   Hell, I reference Vhae Pano's actions during the Mandalorian Wars during Sith Triumvirate.  If you read KOTOR Version 2, you'll know how and why Mandalore got his helmet from Revan.  And Endgame will be continuity heavy, since it ties all 3 previous stories together.

So, good reading, and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment