Tuesday, September 6, 2016

DBXV Character Profiles Round 8

Welcome back, my beautiful freaks, to the Assassin's Den!  
 
So, I'd been playing around with the character creator yesterday, and I realized that I'd built another human that looked exactly like Rayne, but with a change in her clothing.  So I was like "Wait, a second, this gives me an idea."  So I went ahead and deleted her, rebuilt her, and named her Rayne again.  But now, I'm giving her an updated profile, to reflect the changes she's gone through during the storyline of Dragon Ball Xenoverse. So here's Rayne's updated look and profile!
 
Name: Rayne
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Species: Human
Age they came from: 818
Home Planet: Earth
 
History: Trained in the style of the Turtle School by her grandfather Krillin from a young age, Rayne knew that she was outclassed by the alien fighters she grew up around.  And she refuses to undergo the extensive cybernetics that her grandmother went through in order to get a power boost.  To make up for these power based shortcomings, she researched different ways to manipulate ki; to poison, burn or freeze superior foes to give her a more even playing field.  And when Shenron, the Eternal Dragon of the Dragon Balls, told her that someone from a faraway land had called her, and to come forth, she happily accepted the offer, eager to see if her techniques could be integrated into Turtle School teachings for humans.
Personality: Rayne's confidence went through the roof after defeating Demigra by herself. (There's two possible endings for the main story of the game; one where, if you let your health get too low, Goku teleports in and helps you beat Demigra, with the final cutscene being you and Goku doing a Kamehameha together.  The other one, which is the only one I've gotten myself, is where you don't let your health get to that point, where you beat Demigra on your own, and you do that final Kamehameha by yourself, and get energy from the main cast.  It's a very moving scene, and I encourage you to look it up on youtube.) She still outwardly appears to take nothing seriously, always having a joke or a quip or a bit of sarcasm to offer at any moment to brighten the mood or demoralize an opponent.  But she's no longer afraid.  Rayne knows what she can do, knows that she's strong enough to defend history with her own strength without resorting to trickery.  She now relies on technique and skill, confident in her ability now.
Special: She no longer uses the Kaioken, but she's still equipped with the Spirit Bomb move. I've now modified her supers to be more unique to her, using moves that I don't normally use on my characters.
Name Pun: Rain. As in “water that falls form the sky.”  While she does not conform to the familial “named after chestnuts” thing, I figure her father has a weather type name, and the name came from there.
 


 


 
This outfit's called the Time Patrol Suit, which you get after beating the game the first time.  It's actually the clothes used for the promotional Time Patroller, the male Saiyan who looks like Gohan with red hair. You can also change the color of it, and this is the color scheme I like for it. I changed Rayne's hairstyle, because her original one clipped through the collar, and I thought the sunglasses fit her new look.  She's really come into her own after beating Demigra, and doing like all true masters of the Turtle School and truly making her fighting style her own.

Look forward to more DBXV/SWTOR stuff in the future, and stay beautiful freaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment