Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Dragon Age Retrospective: Finish

Welcome back, my beautiful freaks, to the Assassin's Den!  Today, I finally complete my Dragon Age Retrospective.

Now, the reason it has taken so long is because I have completely and utterly lost interest in the franchise.  My loss of interest is so complete that I've actually sold my games.  Even the ones that I used to like.  Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Awakenings, Dragon Age 2...all sold because I just don't like the franchise anymore.

And the reason why? Inquisition.  I didn't like it before, but when EA decided to cut off DLC for the Xbox 360 and PS3, it gave me a reason to stop liking the franchise.  And while the Titan DLC had a good story from what I saw on youtube, what really turned me against the franchise is the final DLC. Vivienne, Sera...even the characters that I used to like, like the Iron Bull and Blackwall, now piss me off to no end.  And don't even get me started on Solas' genocidal BS.  Whether you were on good terms with him or not, whether you romanced him or not, he shows how much of a real bastard he is when you finally met him and get his answers.

And the bad thing is that I sort of liked him before. I knew he wasn't telling us the whole truth, but I never thought he'd turn out to be doing that.

I had planned on comparing the Mass Effect trilogy to the Dragon Age one, their DLC story arcs and the gameplay moments, but I can't bear to compare a series I like to one I so ardently despise.  I can't bear to speak of Commander Shepard's efforts and what I had to put up with for Inquisition in the same post.

And the worst part is that Solas had planned spoiled the lore of the previous 2 games for me.  I used to love the Dalish origin in DAO, but now, my hatred of Solas' plans have spoiled my roleplaying mindset for that character.  I can't help but make a Dalish Warden utterly despise the Dread Wolf because of Solas.

So yeah, fuck you Solas.  You made it nearly impossible to enjoy the story that came before.  You've reminded me that Bioware's great game days are numbered thanks to EA's control of their company.

Don't get me wrong, though. I am still enjoying SWTOR KOTFE, still looking forward to what's to come there, and I am still looking forward to ME:Andromeda when I finally get my PS4.  But I won't be buying another Dragon Age game.  To much anger at that franchise.

But for now, look forward to picture updates to my SWTOR characters, as well as pictures of companions that I have some great new looks and weapon loadouts, and stay beautiful freaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment